This 5-minute vegan Caesar dressing is simply pretty much as good because the basic type! Cashews make it creamy, and capers add scrumptious tangy, briny taste.
You don’t want uncooked eggs, anchovies, and even Parmesan cheese to make a fantastic Caesar dressing, and this vegan Caesar dressing recipe is right here to show it! I like this recipe as a result of it delivers all of the creamy, tangy, briny qualities you crave in a basic Caesar dressing, nevertheless it’s tremendous easy to make at residence. Seize the quick record of components and toss them in a blender, and this scrumptious dressing might be prepared in underneath 5 minutes.
Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe Substances
To make this vegan Caesar dressing recipe, you’ll want these easy components:
- Uncooked cashews – They create the dressing’s wealthy and creamy base. The truth is, they provide sufficient richness that there’s no want for olive oil right here. This vegan Caesar dressing is completely oil-free!
- Recent garlic – It provides sharp, savory taste.
- Lemon juice – For brightness.
- Dijon mustard – As a signature ingredient in basic Caesar dressing, the Dijon provides essential tang to this recipe.
- Capers – They provide the briny taste that anchovies would give to a standard Caesar dressing.
- Water – It helps the cashews mix right into a clean and creamy sauce.
- And recent black pepper – For kick.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe Ideas
- Use uncooked, not roasted, cashews. Uncooked cashews have a light, impartial taste, which makes them best for utilizing in sauces and dressings like this one. Don’t use roasted cashews right here; their nutty taste will overwhelm the dressing!
- Know your blender. I make this dressing in my high-speed Vitamix blender, which has no hassle mixing plant-based components like cashews into creamy purees. Much less highly effective blenders might not be capable of obtain such a clean texture as simply. In the event you don’t have a high-speed blender, I like to recommend soaking the cashews for no less than 6 hours earlier than making the dressing. Drain them earlier than including them to the blender.
- Preserve a jar readily available. This vegan Caesar salad dressing will hold for as much as 5 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. I like to prep it on the weekend in order that I’ve it readily available for tossing with salads and drizzling over grain bowls all through the week!
The best way to Use Vegan Caesar Dressing
My favourite manner to make use of this vegan Caesar dressing is, after all, on a Caesar salad. I particularly adore it on this kale Caesar salad, made with garlic croutons, crispy chickpeas, and vegan Parmesan cheese.
However the methods to make use of it don’t finish there! Listed here are just a few others I like:
How do you want to make use of this vegan salad dressing? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Favourite Salad Dressings
In the event you love this vegan Caesar dressing, strive one in all these favourite dressing recipes subsequent:
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup uncooked cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons recent lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- ½ cup water
- Freshly floor black pepper
In a high-speed blender, place the cashews, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, capers, water, and several other grinds of pepper.
Mix till clean and season to style.