Following years of design and improvement, the ERGON SM Downhill is right here. The SM (saddle mountain) boasts an ergonomic design, explicitly tooled for downhill and slopestyle riders.
The ultra-compact design (12 cm width, 23.6 cm size) is crafted to permit for extra tire clearance, which will be a difficulty with decrease saddle positions with 29-inch rear wheels. 360-degree padding goals to scale back interior thigh bruising and likewise helps when guiding the bike with the legs.
A number of fashions, just like the SM Downhill Professional Titanium and the SM Downhill Comp, embody anti-slip floor zones. “No-slip” can create a greater grip whereas sitting and standing, probably even when tossing whips.
Troy Brosnan and Vali Höll, arguably a number of the world’s finest downhill riders, supplied suggestions on this seat design. As well as, they provided insights on most popular saddle dimension and form.
Whereas the seat on a downhill bike is never used to really sit, it fills a big objective for efficiency. Riders depend on it to maintain their bike below them within the air and whereas on the path. Due to this, the SM Downhill saddles don’t want totally different seat widths and can be utilized by any gender.
The saddle is at the moment accessible in Europe and shall be accessible within the USA quickly. Scroll on for pricing and spec info.
• Anti-slip components on the floor (Comp & Professional Titanium)
• 360-degree padding for defense and finest leg steering
• Designed for typical nose-up seat angle
• Recess for tires when the rear wheel is compressed
• One dimension matches all: single-seat width and no gender-specific designs
• SM Downhill: $/€59.95
• SM Downhill Comp Black: $/€89.95, Comp Staff / Oil Slick: $/€99.95
• SM Downhill Professional Titanium Staff: $/€149.95