This Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt has the identical wonderful flavors and vitamin as a smoothie, however is thick, creamy and deliciously chilly and refreshing!
Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt Recipe
This home made frozen deal with combines the traditional flavors of strawberry and banana……which in my view have been meant to go collectively. This frozen yogurt is easy, creamy and tremendous refreshing.
When my bananas begin to brown, and I’m not able to whip up some banana bread, I peel them, break them into fourths and throw them in a zip-top bag for the freezer. You should use them in smoothies, frozen yogurt, or you’ll be able to nonetheless use them for banana bread, for those who thaw them. This frozen yogurt recipe is the proper manner to make use of your frozen bananas!
The feel is like that of soft-serve ice cream, which is my favourite, or you’ll be able to completely freeze it and scoop it up later. Relying on how chilly your freezer is, it’s possible you’ll must run your ice cream scoop beneath some sizzling water earlier than scooping it up.
Components for Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
There are solely 5 components for this yummy deal with which makes it tremendous fast to whip up!
- Strawberries – frozen strawberries work finest for this recipe. You should use contemporary for those who don’t have any frozen available.
- Bananas – the extra ripe the higher! Use frozen for the perfect texture and taste.
- Greek yogurt – I like plain yogurt finest for this recipe, however you should utilize vanilla.
- Honey – for added sweetness. You should use kind of relying on how ripe your strawberries and bananas are.
- Lemon – offers a contemporary citrus taste and provides brightness to the opposite components taste.
Learn how to Make Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
This recipe is extremely easy to make!
- Mix all the components in a meals processor or blender. If in case you have bigger strawberries and banana items, I’d suggest utilizing a meals processor. A excessive powered blender works additionally, however typically blenders have a more durable time breaking by way of strong frozen fruit with out extra liquid.
- Mix till easy, stopping to scrape the edges as wanted.
- Serve instantly for a soft-serve texture, or pour right into a freezer protected container with a lid and freeze for 3 to 4 hours earlier than serving.
Frozen Yogurt Recipe Variations
This frozen yogurt recipe can simply be tailored to suit your private preferences. Simply swap the strawberries and bananas with 4 cups of your favourite frozen fruits! Use what’s in season and luxuriate in some contemporary, mushy serve frozen yogurt! These are a few of our favourite fruit mixtures:
- Mango + Lime – Consider this has a mango lassi – creamy, tart and wonderful.
- Raspberry + Blackberry – The final word berry blast.
- Blueberry + Lemon – Like a muffin, however frozen!
- Kiwi + Pineapple – A tropical deal with.
- Orange + Coconut – A twist on the traditional orange creamsicle.
Extra Frozen Yogurt Recipes
In search of extra tasty frozen yogurt recipes? These are a few of my favorites:
- Orange Creamsicle – contemporary oranges made right into a wholesome and creamy model of the favourite childhood orange creamsicle popsicle.
- Creamy Mango – this can be a dairy free model that’s amazingly creamy.
- Frozen Cheesecake Bites – creamy Greek yogurt frozen in an ice dice tray to make these yummy bites!
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 3 medium bananas frozen
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Place all components right into a meals processor or blender.
Mix till easy, stopping to scrape the edges as wanted.
Serve instantly for a soft-serve texture, or pour right into a freezer protected container with a lid and freeze for 3 to 4 hours earlier than serving.
Energy: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 1g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can see a number of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.