Brunch emergency? Name on this Simple Quiche Recipe!
A shortcut in each manner besides for a way fantastic it tastes, this ham and cheese quiche recipe is what my mother lovingly refers to as a “none o’ yo’ enterprise” recipe.
As in, none of what you are promoting that I didn’t have time to:
BUT don’t assume it’s all breezy.
You see, one of many home guidelines of a none o’ yo’ enterprise recipe is that it could possibly’t truly style such as you took a shortcut.
Thus, a quiche recipe with out crust like Crustless Quiche is out (although I like it and discover it completely scrumptious, however the omission is sort of apparent); nevertheless, if you would like a simple quiche recipe with crust, that is the recipe for you.
As a substitute, I went the route of final ease and used retailer purchased pie crust.
^^Don’t choose. All of us have our days, and a brunch emergency is a brunch emergency!
Mix the crust work-around with a ham, cheese, and spinach filling that doesn’t require any pre-cooking on the stovetop, and you’ve got a real time-saver.
I’m smitten with this Goat Cheese Quiche, for instance, however making ready caramelized onions takes time, and generally a girl simply doesn’t have it.
5 Star Evaluation
“I made this quiche final evening, and it was successful! My fiancé requested for seconds and even had some leftovers for breakfast this morning. I like that Greek yogurt is used as an alternative of cream, and the Greek yogurt and mustard add a pleasant tang.”
— Carli —
Methods to Make the Finest Simple Quiche Recipe
The important thing to creating a superb simple quiche that doesn’t style, effectively, simple is a number of easy tips to physician up the filling, plus my new favourite solution to put together cheese earlier than including it to quiche.
Quiche is an anytime form of meal. You possibly can serve this recipe as a simple breakfast quiche, or take pleasure in it for a light-weight lunch or dinner.
- Refrigerated or Frozen Pie Crust. I received’t inform in the event you received’t. You should utilize both unbaked pie crust that comes already lining a disposable pie dish (the one you see within the pictures right here is from the frozen part of Entire Meals) or frozen pie crust sheets, comparable to Pillsbury. I’ve included recipe notes for each sorts.
Whereas I’ve minimize out as many steps as attainable, you MUST prebake crust for quiche. This prevents the underside crust from turning into soggy as soon as the filling is added.
- Frozen Chopped Spinach. I all the time have a pack of this in my freezer. As I share in my cookbook, it’s an on the spot solution to up the dietary worth of a recipe (spinach is a complete tremendous meals—potassium, magnesium, nutritional vitamins galore, plus folic acid and extra!)
- Cheese. The perfect cheese for quiche is one thing absolutely flavored and melty. Gruyere is conventional in quiche Lorraine; I additionally love this simple quiche recipe with sharp white cheddar.
- Ham. One other time saver! You should buy already diced ham from the deli division or use leftover diced ham from one other recipe.
- Eggs. 5 massive eggs to three/4 cup liquid is my superb ratio for quiche. It results in a savory egg custard with good consistency that may maintain as much as a heap of tasty fillings. Hey, protein!
- Milk. No matter form is in your fridge ought to do properly. I take advantage of 1%.
- Nutmeg. Don’t underestimate the ability of this ingredient—it’s basic in quiche Lorraine for good cause. A pinch offers the quiche filling shocking dimension of taste.
- Scorching Sauce. One other somethin’ somethin’ that makes the quiche filling style way more advanced than it’s (your secret is secure with me).
- Inexperienced Onion. A ultimate pop of shade and hit of freshness that’s the of entirety.
- Preheat the oven. Thaw and drain the spinach.
- Make your crust, then combine collectively the egg filling.
- Sprinkle the spinach, ham, cheese, and onion over the crust.
- Pour the egg filling excessive.
- Bake the straightforward quiche at 375 levels F for 40-50 minutes, till a knife comes out clear. Let relaxation for 5-10 minutes, then ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate quiche in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm leftovers in a pie dish within the oven at 350 levels F or gently within the microwave.
- To Freeze. You possibly can freeze a quiche. Wrap the quiche tightly in plastic wrap and freeze in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
Prebake the crust as much as 1 day upfront. Squeeze out the spinach, cube the ham and cheese, and stir collectively the eggs, milk, and seasonings. Retailer every individually within the fridge. Assemble simply earlier than baking.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Pie Crust Defend. Made with silicone to maintain pie edges from burning. Matches any 8- to 10-inch pies.
- Baking Sheet. Made with pure aluminum for rust prevention and nice warmth conductivity.
- Small Whisk. Good to make use of in smaller bowls or measuring cups.
My Favourite Pie Dish
This LeCreuset stoneware 9-inch pie pan is secure within the freezer all the way in which to 500 levels F. Good for any of the perfect quiche recipes and so many pies!
I hope this simple spinach quiche recipe makes your subsequent brunch (or brinner!) a breeze.
And if anybody asks your secrets and techniques… inform them their solely enterprise is the second helpings enterprise!
Often Requested Questions
In case your quiche is watery, it’s probably due to the spinach. Be sure you squeeze out as a lot extra liquid from the spinach as attainable to forestall the spinach quiche recipes from turning into soggy. In case you mess around with different filling substances as an alternative of spinach, make certain to prepare dinner the liquid out of them first; particularly extra watery veggies comparable to zucchini or tomatoes.
Sure, you should use contemporary spinach as an alternative of frozen. Since spinach has a excessive water content material, I like to recommend sauteeing it first in order that your quiche doesn’t develop into soggy.
A quiche is baked within the oven, and a frittata is cooked on the stovetop to begin after which transferred to the oven to complete (some recipes might end it on the stovetop as an alternative). Additionally, quiche recipes use a crust, however frittatas don’t.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (to make your personal, use Entire Wheat Pie Crust or Oil Pie Crust)
- 5 massive eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 1%; or use entire milk or a combo of milk and cream for extra richness)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sizzling sauce comparable to Tabasco (elective)
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 3/4 cup 1/4-inch-diced melty cheese comparable to Gruyere or white cheddar* (about 3 ounces)
- 2 inexperienced onions finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F. In case your frozen spinach shouldn’t be already thawed, thaw it within the microwave per the instructions. Place the spinach in a colander and squeeze out as a lot liquid as attainable. Put aside.
Blind Bake the Crust (In case your crust comes pre-formed in a disposable pan). Place the pie dish on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes. Take away it from the oven, prick it throughout with the tines of a fork, then return to the oven and bake till mild golden, about 10 minutes extra. Cut back the oven temperature to 350 levels F. See notes in the event you use a pie dough sheet or make your personal dough.**
Put together the Filling: In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and Tabasco.
Squeeze and blot extra water out of the spinach (you need it as dry as attainable), then scatter it evenly over the underside of the blind-baked crust. Sprinkle the ham, cheese, and onion excessive of the spinach.
Fastidiously pour the egg combination excessive.
Bake the Quiche: Bake the quiche on the baking sheet, till a knife inserted 1 inch from the sting of the crust comes out clear and the middle is about, about 40 to 50 minutes. If at any level the crust begins to brown greater than you desire to, defend it with foil or a pie crust defend. Let the baked quiche relaxation for five to 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
- *For a quiche Lorraine impressed simple quiche, use Gruyere or Swiss, swap the ham for cooked bacon, and omit the spinach; I additionally love this with sharp white cheddar.
- **If you’re utilizing pie dough (selfmade or frozen/refrigerated) that doesn’t come pre-shaped in a pan: Seize a deep 9-inch pie dish (this quiche has loads of filling; I used this dish). Roll your pie dough right into a 11-inch circle, then switch it to the dish. Construct up and flute the highest edges to create a pleasant rim for holding the filling. Line it with aluminum foil. Fill with pie weights or dry beans, then place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Take away it from the oven, carry out the beans and foil, then return the crust to the oven and bake till mild golden, about 3 minutes extra. Cut back the oven temperature to 350 levels F. (At this level, both discard the beans or save them for future pie baking.)
- TO STORE: Let the baked quiche cool fully to room temperature, then refrigerate (in the event you pop it into the fridge whereas it’s nonetheless heat, the crust can develop into soggy).
- TO REHEAT: Tent the quiche with foil and heat in a 325 diploma F oven till heated by means of, about quarter-hour.
- TO FREEZE: Let quiche cool fully. Wrap tightly with foil, then freeze for as much as 2 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1of 6Energy: 255kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 16gFats: 13gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 151mgPotassium: 308mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 5866IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 186mgIron: 3mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.