Peruvian-inspired Grilled Hen Skewers with Avocado Aji Verde Sauce are made with boneless skinless rooster thighs marinated with Latin spices, so flavorful and nice for summer season grilling!
Peruvian-inspired Grilled Hen Skewers
These Peruvian-inspired Grilled Hen Skewers made with boneless, skinless rooster thighs are juicy and so flavorful topped with a spicy avocado aji verde sauce. The rooster is marinated with beer, Sazon, cumin and spices. The creamy spicy sauce is so good, I’ve been placing it on my eggs, steak tacos, and so on. I’ve made these Grilled Hen Skewers just a few instances up to now month, and so they’ve been such a success with my household. They’re so scrumptious – the longer you marinate the rooster, the extra taste it’s going to have. Loosely impressed by my favourite Peruvian rooster with inexperienced sauce solely simple to make all summer season on the grill. I just like the sauce spicy, so I go away the seeds from the jalapeno in, however you can also make it milder by omitting the seeds.
Spicy Avocado Aji Verde Sauce
The creamy avocado sauce made with jalapeños will likely be very spicy in case you go away within the seeds, which is how I prefer it. Just a little goes a great distance! In the event you choose milder sauces, take away the seeds. This aji sauce will final 4 days within the fridge, so you should use it over something from scrambled eggs and rice and beans to steak tacos and grilled rooster.
What’s aji sauce product of?
To make my spicy avocado aji verde sauce, mix all of the components beneath:
- Liquid: Olive oil, white vinegar, water
- Aromatics: Garlic, cilantro
- Spices: Cumin and salt
Hen Marinade Recipe
Mix all of the components beneath in a bowl or zip-locked bag and marinate the sliced rooster thighs for not less than three hours or so long as in a single day.
- Mild beer: I used Corona mild, however Modelo or Dos XX would additionally work.
- Sazon with achiote: You should buy sazon from the grocery store or make your individual.
- White vinegar: In the event you don’t have common white vinegar, swap it for apple cider vinegar.
- Spices: Cumin, salt, garlic powder, oregano
How you can Grill Hen Skewers
- Put the sliced rooster thighs on steel skewers. In the event you’re utilizing picket ones, you have to to soak them in water first. In the event you don’t wish to make skewers, go away the thighs entire and skip this step.
- Preheat your grill to medium and oil the grates. Grill the rooster skewers for about 5 minutes on both sides.
What to Serve with Peruvian Grilled Hen Skewers
Extra Latin Recipes You’ll Love:
Peruvian Grilled Hen Skewers with Avocado Aji Verde Sauce
Grilled Hen Skewers with Avocado Aji Verde Sauce are made with boneless skinless rooster thighs marinated with Latin spices, so flavorful and nice for summer season grilling!
- 2 lb boneless, skinless rooster thighs
- 6 oz mild beer, I used Corona mild
- 1 packet Sazon seasoning with achiote, 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Avocado Aji Verde Sauce (makes 2/3 cup)
- 1 ounce avocado
- 2 jalapeños, with seeds
- 3 tbsp contemporary cilantro
- 2 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Serving: 1skewer with sauce, Energy: 197kcal, Carbohydrates: 2.5g, Protein: 15g, Fats: 13g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 502mg
Key phrases: grilled rooster skewers, grilled rooster thighs