This pasta primavera recipe is gentle, recent, and easy to make. Filled with colourful veggies, it is the proper straightforward dinner for spring or summer time evening.
I like to make this pasta primavera recipe after a visit to the farmers market in early summer time. I come house with baggage stuffed with produce. Some comprise spring veggies like asparagus and peas that may solely be accessible for a couple of extra weeks. Others maintain summer time finds like zucchini, squash, and cherry tomatoes whose season is simply beginning. The second when all these spring and summer time greens collide is so temporary that I really feel like I’ve to have fun it. So, I prepare dinner a pot of pasta, sauté the veggies, and toss them collectively to make this pasta primavera recipe.
Pasta Primavera Recipe Components
Whereas pasta primavera means “spring pasta” in Italian, the dish itself is definitely American. The story goes that it originated at the New York restaurant Le Cirque within the Nineteen Seventies, and within the years following, it began popping up on Italian restaurant menus all around the US. The unique model featured spaghetti and a wealthy butter and cream sauce, however as of late, the title “pasta primavera” is given to all types of veggie pastas.
Right here’s what I take advantage of in my take:
- Pasta, after all! I like to make use of penne pasta as a result of the noodles are an analogous measurement to the chopped greens. It makes it straightforward to get somewhat of the whole lot in every chew!
- Garlic and crimson onion – For savory depth of taste.
- Yellow squash and zucchini – Be at liberty to make use of only one or the opposite for those who can’t discover each!
- Asparagus – For complexity and crunch.
- Cherry tomatoes – They grow to be comfortable and bursty, frivolously coating the pasta of their juices.
- Peas – I typically use thawed frozen peas, although for those who occur to have recent shell peas, you could possibly completely blanch them and toss them in.
- Pecorino cheese – It makes the pasta frivolously creamy. Parmesan cheese can be nice right here too!
- Recent lemon juice – I like its brilliant taste with all of the recent greens.
- Pink pepper flakes – They add somewhat warmth.
- Recent basil and tarragon – They bring about a lot taste to this straightforward pasta dish. Technically, the tarragon is non-compulsory, but when yow will discover it, I extremely suggest utilizing it. It actually takes this recipe excessive!
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Tips on how to Make Pasta Primavera
This pasta primavera needs to be one of many easiest dinner recipes on Love & Lemons. It’s really easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, prepare dinner the pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water. Drain it when it’s simply al dente. It’ll prepare dinner somewhat extra with the veggies on the range, so that you wish to watch out to not overcook it now. Toss the pasta with a drizzle of oil to stop sticking.
Subsequent, sauté the veggies. I LOVE that each one the greens prepare dinner in a single pan on this recipe! Warmth a glug of olive oil in a big skillet, and toss within the garlic, onion, zucchini, squash, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes. It solely takes a couple of minutes for the greens to melt.
Then, add the pasta, peas, cheese, and lemon juice. Toss till the cheese melts down and coats the pasta in a frivolously creamy sauce. Stir within the recent herbs, and season to style.
Lastly, garnish with extra basil, and serve!
Pasta Primavera Serving Ideas
This pasta primavera makes a implausible meal by itself, although for those who like, you could possibly actually pair it with a aspect dish or two. We adore it with buttery slices of garlic bread and a aspect salad. Strive serving it with any of those salad recipes:
Take pleasure in!
Extra Favourite Pasta Recipes
If you happen to love this pasta primavera recipe, attempt one among these recent pasta recipes subsequent:
Filled with seasonal veggies, this pasta primavera is an easy, recent spring or summer time dinner. I listing the tarragon as non-compulsory, however I extremely suggest utilizing it to take this recipe excessive!
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into skinny half moons
- 1 zucchini, sliced into skinny half moons
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1-inch items
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced crimson onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¾ cup grated pecorino cheese
- 3 tablespoons recent lemon juice
- Pink pepper flakes
- 1 cup recent basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup recent tarragon, non-compulsory
- Freshly floor black pepper
Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Put together the pasta in response to the bundle directions, cooking till al dente. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil to stop sticking.
Warmth the oil in a big, deep skillet over medium warmth. Add the garlic, squash, zucchini, asparagus, tomatoes, onion, salt, and several other grinds of pepper and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or till the greens are tender.
Add the pasta, peas, cheese, lemon juice, and a pinch of crimson pepper flakes and toss to mix. Stir within the basil and tarragon, if utilizing.
Season to style, garnish with extra basil, and serve.