In line with my life’s legacy of tardiness, I arrived at riced cauliflower years not on time. Higher late than by no means, particularly relating to Cauliflower Fried Rice!
Low in carbs and a veggie-packed substitute for normal rice, cauliflower “rice” is a one-time development turned standby.
You’ll discover it on many restaurant menus, at grocery shops, and in residence kitchens, together with my very own.
If you happen to’ve someway but to be acquainted, cauliflower rice is a low-carb swap for normal rice. It’s made fully of cauliflower, so it’s grain-free too.
- Most frequently, I combine cauliflower rice 50/50 with brown rice to go together with common stir fry recipes (like Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry).
- Given the full-on fried rice therapy like on this recipe, nevertheless (that’s bulked up with veggies, scrambled eggs, and a number of other good dashes of soy sauce and sesame oil), cauliflower rice can go from aspect kick to filling important occasion.
Because of its velocity, supreme tastiness, and talent to flex to no matter is lingering in our fridge, fried rice is on the menu nearly weekly right here: Home made Fried Rice, Rooster Fried Rice, Pork Fried Rice—we love ‘em all.
If you want to pack in essentially the most servings of veg, nevertheless, cauliflower fried rice is the one.
I can’t think about a greater approach to eat a mass quantity of greens, with out really feeling like I’m doing so.
5 Star Evaluation
“This was really easy to make and so scrumptious! My household couldn’t imagine how tasty it was.”
— Amelia —
How one can Make the Finest Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cooked correctly, cauliflower makes nice fried rice.
The 2 style fairly comparable and like common rice, cauliflower fried rice:
- Is sticky and fluffy.
- Is adept at absorbing daring Asian flavors.
- Tastes comforting, a feat I didn’t suppose was attainable till I attempted it myself.
The important thing to the very best cauliflower fried rice is to maintain it from turning soggy.
- Use excessive warmth, so the cauliflower warms rapidly earlier than turning mushy.
- Solely prepare dinner it for 1 to 2 minutes (left on the warmth too lengthy, cauliflower rice will steam and switch very delicate, giving it a soggy style).
- Add it final. In contrast to conventional fried rice, you stir fry the entire different substances first, then incorporate the cauliflower rice on the very finish so it doesn’t flip soggy.
How one can Make Cauliflower “Rice”
With the assistance of a meals processor, cauliflower rice takes lower than quarter-hour or prep time.
- Wash and dry the top of cauliflower.
- Reduce it into massive items.
- Shred the items utilizing a field grater or meals processor.
Don’t really feel like making cauliflower rice your self? You should buy pre-riced cauliflower from the grocery retailer.
After getting your riced cauliflower, you might be prepared to show it into cauliflower fried rice!
Cauliflower. The surprising base of our fried rice dish! Cauliflower magically turns into rice-like and soaks up the scrumptious flavors. Bonus: cauliflower is full of fiber, nutritional vitamins, and antioxidants and is low carb.
Eggs. A traditional fried rice addition that helps add filling protein to the dish.
Toasted Sesame Oil. Provides a toasty, nutty taste that makes the fried rice style particular.
Pineapple. The sweetness of the pineapple pairs addictively with the hit of spicy sriracha and salty soy sauce. Plus, it caramelizes within the skillet into one thing improbable and is excessive in vitamin C and potassium.
Veggies. I used a mixture of bell pepper, carrots, inexperienced onions, and edamame. The bell pepper and carrots add a pleasant crunch, the inexperienced onions add a tasty chew, and the edamame is the proper buttery, protein-packed addition.
- Soy Sauce. Seasons the fried rice and offers it that must-have contact of umami.
- Sriracha. The spicy part of this candy and spicy fried rice. This dish solely has a light kick, however you may add extra to take issues up a notch.
- Make the cauliflower rice from cauliflower florets (or buy contemporary riced cauliflower).
- In a skillet or massive wok, scramble the eggs.
- Cook dinner the pineapple, bell pepper, and carrots.
- Add the edamame, inexperienced onions, and garlic.
- Stir within the riced cauliflower. Add the eggs, soy sauce, Sriracha, and remaining sesame oil. DIG IN!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate cauliflower rice in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Gently rewarm leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze cauliflower rice in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. The feel of the rice shall be a lot softer when thawed.
Meal Prep Tip
Rice the cauliflower as much as 3 days prematurely and preserve it within the fridge till you’re prepared to complete the recipe. It’s also possible to chop the carrots, bell pepper, inexperienced onions, and garlic as much as 1 day prematurely.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Finest Meals Processor
I’ve owned and liked this meals processor for years. It really works like a dream and has a number of blade choices to attempt.
Rice, rice child…
Incessantly Requested Questions
Frozen rice cauliflower is an excellent, time-saving useful resource when you find yourself utilizing it as a aspect for different stir fry recipes, the place the feel isn’t as essential. I don’t, nevertheless, advocate utilizing frozen cauliflower rice to make fried rice, as it is going to be soggy as soon as thawed.
If you happen to solely have frozen veggies available like frozen peas, you may swap them for the contemporary veggies listed within the recipe. The frozen greens will launch some extra liquid throughout cooking, nevertheless, so you might want to empty the skillet earlier than including your cauliflower rice. In any other case, the dish might find yourself soggy.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 massive eggs
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or canola oil plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits from one 20-ounce can or diced contemporary pineapple, drained if canned
- 1 massive bell pepper cored and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced (or substitute every other veggie you take pleasure in)
- 3 inexperienced onions sliced, plus further for serving
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari to make gluten free
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or garlic chili paste additionally referred to as sambal oelek, plus further to style*
Prep the cauliflower: Reduce into massive items, then shred with the big aspect of a field grater. For faster grating, place minimize florets in a big meals processor, then pulse till the cauliflower resembles small grains of rice. Put aside.
In a small bowl, scramble the eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a big, non-stick skillet, warmth 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil. As soon as the oil is sizzling and glossy, add the eggs and prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till barely set. Switch to a big, clear bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
Fastidiously wipe the skillet clear, then warmth the remaining 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil over medium excessive. Add the pineapple, bell pepper, and carrots. Cook dinner, stirring continuously, till the juices have evaporated and the pineapple is frivolously caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
Stir within the edamame, inexperienced onions, and garlic and prepare dinner till aromatic, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Add the cauliflower to the skillet. Cook dinner till the cauliflower is sizzling however not mushy, 1-2 minutes. Stir within the eggs, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Serve heat, topped with cilantro and inexperienced onions.
- *I stored the spiciness stage of the recipe as written pretty delicate, so be at liberty so as to add further chili sauce if you want.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate cauliflower rice in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- TO REHEAT: Gently rewarm leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze cauliflower rice in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. The feel of the rice might change a bit as soon as thawed, however it is going to nonetheless be tasty.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 11gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 5gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 123mgPotassium: 896mgFiber: 7gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 6698IUVitamin C: 168mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 2mg
Be part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.