These Breakfast Egg Muffin Cups are a scrumptious make-ahead breakfast packed stuffed with protein, veggies and is completely customizable! Make them forward of time, refrigerate or freeze them, after which warmth them for a fast breakfast.
Breakfast Egg Muffins
I like to make breakfast meals which might be filling, fast to make, pack within the diet and the leftovers retailer nicely! These breakfast egg cups match each requirement! These egg cups are creamy, heat and completely portioned to be filling for teenagers and adults each!
Elements for Breakfast Egg Cups
The components for egg cups are very fundamental. The add-ins are actually the star of the recipe and I’ve a lot of variations so that you can attempt. These are what you will have for the egg base:
- Eggs – massive eggs are greatest for this recipe
- Milk – makes the egg cups extra wealthy and a greater texture. You need to use any kind of unsweetened milk
- Cottage Cheese – Supplies further protein, and taste. You need to use any fats % you want, however attempt to discover small curd.
- Salt + Pepper – a should for any egg dish!
Ingredient Variations for Breakfast Egg Cups
This recipe is the most effective as a result of you should use your favourite add-ins! Listed here are some yummy mixtures you may want attempt.
Backyard Veggie Egg Cups
- Egg Cup Base
- Cheddar Cheese
French Egg Cups
- Egg Cup Base
- Inexperienced Onion
- Smoked Gouda Cheese
Meat Lovers Egg Cups
- Egg Cups Base
- Diced Ham
- Crumbled Bacon
- Crumbled Sausage
Greek Egg Cups
- Egg Cups Base
- Feta Cheese
- Kalamata Olives
Spanish Egg Cups
- Egg Cups Base
- Black Beans
- Inexperienced Bell Peppers
Easy methods to Bake Eggs in Muffin Cups
These egg cups take only a few minutes to whip up!
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Whisk collectively eggs in a big bowl. Add cottage cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in add-ins for no matter kind of egg muffin cup you make.
- Pour egg combination into muffin tin, filling every cup 3/4 of the best way full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, till the facilities are fully set. The perimeters will barely brown.
- Enable to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than eradicating and serving.
Ideas for Making the Greatest Egg Muffins
- Be sure to whisk the egg base nicely in order that the whites and yolks of the eggs are completely mixed. This prevents clumps of egg white getting cooked and never mixing in.
- Chop and cube the add-ins very small. You wish to get a good mixture of add-ins with each chunk, and chopping issues small is the easiest way.
- Spray every muffin cup very well with a great non-stick cooking spray. Eggs are infamous for sticking to issues, however in the event you coat the tin nicely, they shouldn’t stick.
How Do You Retailer Egg Muffin Cups?
You possibly can retailer these within the fridge for as much as 5 days or within the freezer for two months.
To Retailer: After they’re baked, allow them to cool after which put in an hermetic container. You possibly can reheat within the microwave for 30 seconds from the fridge, and 60 seconds from the freezer. I like to recommend wrapping in a paper towel from the freezer earlier than microwaving to take away further water and provides a greater texture when reheated.
Can You Eat Eggs Each Day?
Eggs have gotten a nasty status over time as a result of they comprise ldl cholesterol. A big egg accommodates about 185 mg of ldl cholesterol, and the advice from the American Coronary heart Affiliation (AHA) is a restrict of 300 mg per day.
So, must you restrict your egg consumption? The reply is basically no. The advice from the AHA could be complicated, and right here is why. It assumes that while you eat extra ldl cholesterol from meals, your blood ldl cholesterol will increase. However, your physique truly doesn’t work that manner. The analysis constantly and reliably exhibits that the ldl cholesterol you eat has little or no influence on how a lot ldl cholesterol is in your blood.
Your physique truly makes its personal ldl cholesterol. A number of it, in actual fact. Each single day you produce between 1 and a pair of grams of it by yourself. (That’s 5-10 instances the ldl cholesterol in a big egg.) Once you eat extra ldl cholesterol from meals like eggs, your physique produces much less of it. And while you eat much less ldl cholesterol, your physique produces extra. Ldl cholesterol is definitely actually essential in your physique. It’s in each outer layer of all of your cells. It’s a requirement for development (in infants and adults). And it’s required for the manufacturing of many hormones.
The egg paranoia has been primarily based on the outdated assumption that consuming the yolks will increase blood ldl cholesterol (and improve your danger for artery and coronary heart illness). And regardless that the analysis has disproven the speculation — for many of the inhabitants — the medical neighborhood has been sluggish to reverse suggestions. Except you’ve medical situations the place your physician has suggested lowering your ldl cholesterol consumption, then consuming eggs on a regular basis is simply nice!
Extra Favourite Breakfast Recipes
- 10 massive eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to style
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup spinach diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ham diced
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sausage cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons inexperienced onion
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup asparagus diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives diced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup inexperienced bell peppers diced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup salsa for topping
Preheat oven to 350* F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Whisk collectively eggs in a big bowl. Add cottage cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
Stir in add-ins for no matter kind of egg muffin cup you make.
Pour egg combination into muffin tin, filling every cup 3/4 of the best way full.
Bake for about 25 minutes, till the facilities are fully set. The perimeters will barely brown.
Enable to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than eradicating and serving. Cool to room temperature earlier than storing.
Serving: 1muffin cup | Energy: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 4g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 247IU | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can see a lot of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and change into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.