Comfortable and chewy, these wholesome Banana Oatmeal Cookies with chocolate chips are precisely what it’s best to make when craving some old-school consolation however need to preserve dessert on the lighter facet.
In case you are available in the market for a ridiculously wholesome banana oatmeal cookies recipe that also tastes fabulous, look no additional. That is the one!
I first made these wholesome oatmeal cookies just a few years in the past.
They’ve since turn out to be one of many dessert recipes that I make most frequently for Ben and myself (together with these Wholesome Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies).
They’re candy sufficient for dessert (like this Banana Cake) however healthful sufficient to qualify as a extra thrilling afternoon snack (I really like my Wholesome Banana Bread, however typically I would like one thing extra candy).
You may even take pleasure in them as a wholesome banana oatmeal breakfast cookie for a deal with.
5 Star Assessment
“These cookies are unbelievably good! They had been so easy to make and had been so moist and scrumptious. I completely cherished them!”
— Nicolette —
How you can Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Sweetened with the pure goodness of ripe bananas (like these Banana Bread Brownies) and made with 100% entire grains, that is one dessert recipe you’ll be able to take pleasure in seconds of with out query.
- Banana. The mashed banana in these wholesome banana oatmeal cookies gives pure moisture and sweetness (like in my favourite Peanut Butter Banana Cookies). This implies the cookies want far much less sugar and fats than commonplace cookie recipes.
- Fast Oats. Provides texture, physique, and refined chew to those wholesome oatmeal banana cookies (and these Banana Oatmeal Pancakes).
- Brown Sugar. The right pairing to the candy mashed bananas and tender oats.
- Egg. For softness, tenderness, and elevate.
- Coconut Oil. Makes these cookies tender and provides extra moisture to the batter. (It’s additionally my oil of alternative for these Wholesome Oatmeal Muffins.)
- Entire Wheat Pastry Flour. My favourite stealthy wholesome swap for baked items of every kind (like this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread) that’s almost imperceptible. It sneaks in that entire grain goodness with out weighing down the recipe.
- Baking Powder. For softness and rise—making these the right fluffy banana oatmeal cookies.
- Cinnamon. For simply the correct amount of earthy spice to distinction the candy chocolate and complement the banana and oats.
- Chocolate Chips. Are you able to even name it a cookie if there isn’t at the very least a little chocolate?! (Okay, these Apple Oatmeal Cookies could also be an exception.)
- Stir collectively the dry elements. Put aside.
- Mash the banana.
- Add the moist elements.
- Mix till simply mixed, then stir in chocolate chips.
Take care to not overmix the cookie dough.
- Drop rounded mounds onto a lined baking sheet.
- Chill for at the very least 2 hours (or in a single day).
- When able to bake, switch the cookies to the oven and bake till the cookies are dry and set on the perimeters.
The cookies will look underbaked and can really feel barely underbaked when pressed. Don’t be afraid to go away them in an additional minute or two in the event that they nonetheless seem uncooked. The quantity of baking time you want will differ relying upon the moisture content material of the banana.
- Take away, let cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then switch to a wire rack to chill utterly. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Retailer cookies at room temperature for as much as 4 days.
- To Freeze. Place cookies in a freezer-safe container or ziptop bag and freeze for as much as 2 months.
Put together batter as directed. Scooped, formed, and unbaked cookies will be refrigerated for as much as 2 days or frozen for two months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than baking.
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Cookie Sheet. These have been my fav for cookies of every kind for a few years.
- Parchment Paper. The trick to cookies that by no means stick—I particularly love these pre-cut sheets.
- Mixing Bowls. This batter is so fast to whip up that there’s no want for a stand mixer, however you’re welcome to make use of one when you’ve got one.
The Greatest Stand Mixer
This 5-quart KitchenAid stand mixer has 10-speed slide management and 15 non-obligatory attachments to cowl all your mixing wants.
Expensive banana oatmeal cookies, I’ll see you within the morning for breakfast.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
For vegan banana oatmeal cookies, I’d recommend taking part in round with a flax egg instead of the common egg within the recipe. I haven’t tried this but myself however would love to listen to the way it goes if you happen to do! (I additionally suggest these Vegan Protein Bars as a fast and wholesome vegan snack.)
Whereas they aren’t gluten free banana oatmeal cookies (no flour) because the recipe is written, you’ll be able to simply swap a 1:1 baking mix for the entire wheat flour to make them so. (These Almond Flour Cookies are another choice too.)
You may experiment with swapping a part of the flour on this recipe for protein powder. Or, for a banana oatmeal protein cookie that doesn’t want protein powder, attempt Oatmeal Protein Cookies.
- 1 cup fast oats I like to recommend fast oats over rolled oats, because the rolled oats could have a a lot firmer texture
- 3/4 cup entire wheat pastry flour or substitute white entire wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder I like to recommend aluminum free
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 giant very ripe banana sufficient to yield 1/2 cup mashed
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil at room temperature (not melted) or unsalted butter
- 1 giant egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mild brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup darkish chocolate chips
Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir collectively the oats, entire wheat pastry flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt till mixed. Put aside.
In a big mixing bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mash the banana (I exploit the mixer to do that), checking to be sure you have 1/2 cup. Add the coconut oil (or butter), egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and beat on medium-high till very nicely mixed, at the very least 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the bowl as wanted. The batter shall be a little bit bit chunky and moist.
Add the dry elements to the moist elements. Combine on low velocity, simply till the flour disappears, about 1 minute. Combine within the chocolate chips. The batter shall be moist, considerably free, and sticky.
With a big cookie scoop or a measuring cup, portion the dough into 1/4-cup quantities and drop rounded mounds onto the ready baking sheet.
Refrigerate for at the very least 2 hours to permit the dough to agency up (the cookies will unfold and never set correctly if baked instantly), or cowl the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 2 days.
When able to bake, preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Place the cookie sheet within the oven immediately from the fridge and bake for 10 to 13 minutes, till the cookies are dry on the perimeters, really feel set on prime, and a toothpick, when inserted within the middle, comes out clear. Be aware: The quantity of baking time you want will differ relying upon the moisture content material of the banana. Do not be afraid to go away them in an additional minute or two in the event that they nonetheless look like uncooked.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then switch to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- TO STORE: Retailer cookies at room temperature for as much as 4 days.
- TO FREEZE: Baked cookies will be frozen for as much as 2 months.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Scooped, formed, and unbaked cookies will be refrigerated for as much as 2 days or frozen for as much as 2 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than baking.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 358kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 9gFats: 12gSaturated Fats: 8gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 23mgPotassium: 449mgFiber: 6gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 49IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 117mgIron: 3mg
Be part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.